Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More Hexie Love

Yes, I know, yet another page featuring Hexagons, just a bit of a fetish going on, but at least I am out of the paper strip phase!

 I am loving the colour (or shade apparently)  GREY.... love its versatility and all its various shades!

So here is the page :  


My boy and two of his beautiful cousins.
 Created a background with Gesso and splashes or drips of yellow mist and a bit of stamping, had no idea where I was going with that!

Used Scrap FX Chippies, Chain Frame, a mix of Script and Retro alphas.
Used My Minds Eye paper, love how easy hexagons are to cut out, no fussy cutting for this little black duck!
 Just roughly coated the chippies with acrylic paint, wanted a bit of the natural colour to show through. Cut the frame so that I could use it on more than 1 thing, hate using up something I love on just one project (see the post before this one) still love the way it looks and so easy to do!

Created clusters with random buttons, brads and other bits and pieces in the old
 stash I had forgotten I had!

Cannot seem to add a button without a thread through it... is it just me or am I the only one?
 Stamped on a few of the hexies to add some interest. 


Then I had to add a touch of tape... no page complete without it these days!
Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' the hexies at the mo Michelle. And I too always thread my buttons otherwise they look naked :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!